Adjournment is the act of adjourning, of postponing the tasks that should be carried out by replacing them at the same time by more pleasant activities or without too much importance.
This postponement quickly becomes an obstacle to achieving our goals, since we do not implement the necessary measures.
It's basically an aggression towards our dreams, and towards ourselves. Thus, enter the scene anxiety and guilt, while we lose confidence in ourselves and in our possibilities. In this article, we will share tips to avoid postponement.
The peculiarity of postponement is that in most cases postponed activities are often the ones most desired. But what drives us to adjourn without stopping?
Excessive self-criticism is often the one that puts the most stones in the path. To discredit ourselves, to tell us that we are not able to carry out certain activities, often makes us feel inferior. In some cases, depending on the severity of the situation, this can lead to depression.
When we direct ourselves to such messages, we focus on our fears and what others may think. We need a profound change, which involves focusing our energy on our active participation in the situation, so as to learn from this experience.
Idealizing goals to pursue is also a common factor of frustration that is often accompanied by excessive self-criticism. When we imagine that what we desire is approaching perfection, generally sooner rather than later, reality shows us that even if there are still profits, things are not perfect.
Posturing because of the fear of making mistakes can only increase this fear. Thus, with the desire not to be mistaken, it is often said that later the conditions will be more adequate for a better development of our projects. In reality, the time to work in the best possible way is reduced.
Lack of concentration is also one of the reasons for the postponement, and is often related to the context in which one tries to accomplish the task.
Tips to avoid postponement.
- Understand that it is possible to continue and learn despite the disadvantages.
- Make the difference between what is urgent and what is important. What is important to us? It is true that urgent situations need the attention of the moment, but sometimes we consider urgent things that are not really urgent.
- Divide tasks. Part-time practice is a good way to be more productive without overburdening yourself, especially if it's a big project in the medium or long term.
- Reward yourself makes it more fun to complete a task. Listen to music, go walking, etc. is a way of associating the new driving with something pleasant, thus increasing the possibilities that it is renewed.
- Edit your surroundings. What changes would help the task? For example, working on a tidy desk gives a feeling of control and tranquility.
- Focus on the benefits that brings us the accomplishment of a task that we used to postpone.
These tips to avoid postponement are a schematic guide for thinking and acting on our lives. However, we are the only protagonists in our lives, able to end the adjournment.