Since we have already spoken to you about physical intelligence, today we need to talk about social intelligence. This type of intelligence will bring you great benefits that will help you achieve everything you do.
What is social intelligence?
When we talk about intelligence, we mean the ability we have to connect our knowledge and use it to solve a specific situation..
If you analyze the etymology of the word intelligence, you will see that its origin is Latin and its translation is Inteligere; word composed of intus (between) and light (choose). So we have etymologically speaking the choice between two things / connecting two or more concepts.
Nevertheless, the meaning of the word intelligence gives us more than a preamble to discuss the social space of it. $
So when we talk about social intelligence, we refer to the capacity we as human beings have to understand, to socialize, and to behave well with those around us.
This type of intelligence is one that, when used correctly, will help you improve the quality of your personal relationships, that your professional successes increase, and that your romantic relationships are more stable and lasting.
In summary, it is the type of intelligence that will make you interact effectively with others and you will get the minimum level of rejection.
To train his social intelligence, one must simply take into account a few factors such as those we will detail below:
1. Empathy: Practice it every day, put it to the test whenever you can. If you are an empathic person, it will come naturally.
Analyze as soon as you can your feelings and force yourself to put yourself in the shoes of others.
We recommend something simple and methodical, to be done every day to increase your level of empathy: look for a journal, read a testimonial of the experience of a person, and imagine how you would feel in his place. If you do it every day, your brain will end up doing it naturally.
2. The leadership: Talking about leadership is not just about managing others or others following us, but this concept can also be worked through the prism of personal leadership.
Make a list of things you want to accomplish during the week and stick to it. Discipline and the ability to self-govern will give you an indication of your level of personal leadership. If you can not manage yourself, you will not be able to wait for others to follow you.
3. Assertiveness: Apply your empathy to whatever you find violent and talk to others as you would like them to do it with you.
If you are able to treat others as you would like them to treat you, you will be able to say that you are a completely assertive person.
On the other hand, if you need to improve, when you have to face a controversial situation, always try to talk about the facts and not the people involved. This will help you distance yourself emotionally and your words will be less hurtful.
4. Know how to listen and pay attention: In this section, there is not much to say. Do to others what you would like them to do to you. If you always work that way, you will see that everything will be fine.
5. Be good in analyzing people's non-verbal language: Do you usually pay attention to the gestures of others or the type of posture they adopt?
If the answer is no: do it! The body is very informative and you already know it … information is power!
Learn to interpret the movements of others and their body posture and you will understand what they think or feel. If you demonstrate to others that your understanding is so profound, they will open up to you without any problem.
6. Be good at understanding others and be able to read between the lines when they speak to us: Hear them and listen to them! Behind their words, there is what they really think.
You have to take into account what they say, how they say it, the relationship of what they say with the way they say it, and so on.
Learn to X-ray conversations and develop a magnetism that will make others want to be with you.
7. Manage the physical good: Be reserved, but do not be too dry and aloof. It costs nothing to give two kisses or to shake hands politely. People who are physically distant create an unconscious rejection.
8. Dress properly in all situations: A picture is worth more than a thousand words and in the social sphere a million more.
Project the best of you through your image and express your feelings through it.If you're a boss, you would not go to the office in tracksuit, would you? Or, conversely, if you are a sports teacher, you would not go to work in costume! Analyze and choose the ideal garment.
If this seems too much to you at the same time, do not get discouraged, start little by little and you will see that in a short time, you will run the marathon!
While you are going to work a specific area of social intelligence, you will generate changes in other areas. Remember that all the work you do on you will have an impact on improving all other areas of your life.
Finally, if you found this interesting topic, we recommend readingSocial Intelligence, written by Daniel Goleman. Courage and will! You can do it!
Image reproduced with kind courtesy of: www.convergenciahp.com